Uniswap is regarded as the most popular Decentralized-Exchange (DEX) globally. Connecting Uniswap to a Centralized-Exchange (CEX) such as Coinbase, enables you to be able to easily trade any ERC-20 token for another directly within your wallet with just a few clicks or with the assistance of Coin Support!
Getting Started: Connecting Uniswap to Coinbase Wallet
Before we learn how to use uniswap with coinbase wallet, you’re going to need some Ethereum (ETH). It does not matter whether you’re using a computer or mobile device (assuming Coinbase is your CEX of choice), buying ETH is simple.
- Create your Coinbase account
- Link your preferred payment option to the account (like a debit card)
- Purchase some ETH!
Once you have acquired some ETH, there are two methods of connecting your Coinbase wallet to Uniswap to consider before you can begin trading.
(Disclaimer: Coinbase uses what are known as custodial wallets, which means you do not retain control of your private keys. For a more secure solution, self-custodial wallets such as Metamask, Enjin, or the Trust Wallet are just a few good choices to choose from.
Instructions for connecting Uniswap to these wallets and more available at Swapfolio Guides.
Method #1 – Connecting Coinbase Wallet to Uniswap (Mobile)
- First, make sure you have BOTH the Coinbase app as well as the Coinbase Wallet app. The Coinbase CEX and Coinbase non-custodial wallet function under two different applications.
- Open the Coinbase Wallet app and head to Settings.
- Once the Settings tab is selected, look for an option that says ‘Connect to your Coinbase account’ and then click it!
- After connecting your Coinbase account to the Coinbase Wallet app, it’s safe to close the wallet and open up the main Coinbase application.
- Select the ERC-20 token you wish to send (in this case, ETH) and fill out the transaction (tx/txs) details. Once the tx is confirmed, your ETH should appear in the Coinbase Wallet app. From there, find the Dapps page and select Discover Dapps, followed by Uniswap.
You are now ready to trade on Uniswap using your Coinbase Wallet mobile app!
Method #2 – Connecting Uniswap to Coinbase Wallet (Desktop)
- Download the Metamask browser extension.
- Head over to Uniswap and press the Connect button in the upper right-hand corner.
- Copy your wallet address by clicking the same button again once it is connected to Uniswap. This will bring up a small window with an option to Copy Address.
- In a separate tab, head to Coinbase and log in to your account. Select your ETH wallet, choose the amount you’d like to send, and paste the wallet address you previously copied from Uniswap in the blank field as the receiving addresses.
- After executing this tx, jump back to Uniswap to begin trading your ETH for a variety of tokenized ERC-20 digital assets.
You are now ready to trade on Uniswap using ETH supplied from your Coinbase account!
(Note: unless the ETH network is highly congested, a simple tx for sending ETH between wallets should confirm quickly. However, during instances of high traffic and volume, confirmation may sometimes take up to an hour or more!)
Be sure to check out Coin Support for more guide, information and assistance to help you fully explore the exciting world of crypto. Feel free to join our growing community on social media! We have many supporters in the community (and team members) willing to help troubleshoot and resolve any problems you might encounter.
You can earn free crypto (of your choice) – just for sharing your thoughts, ideas, and enthusiasm… it’s also just a fun place to hang out, we hope to see you there!